Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We're heading to Denver for the DNC

The DNC Convention in Denver is several more days away, but I am starting the blog now so that, as I get the word out that I have a blog, many of you can subscribe to it or "bookmark" it so that you are ready for the posts that may or may not have an interesting aspect to it. Remember, if you do bookmark this blog and then go to check to see if there are new posts, be sure to "refresh" the site or nothing new from the time that you bookmarked it will show.

Let me explain why Marshall and I are lucky enough to attend the convention. Marshall's sister, Susan Turnbull is the Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee. As an elected official of the DNC, she not only is able to allow us to "tag along", but constantly amazes us as in this volunteer position she goes non-stop, not only at the convention, but during all of the political seasons. We are both extremely proud of her rising to this position in this national organization and love to listen to her excite a crowd and how her thoughts, opinions, and advice are so well received by legislators, delegates, super delegates and other DNC members. It is exciting just "shadowing" Susie.

I also hope to attend some sessions that are of interest to me - National Democratic Jewish Council events, National Women's Day Celebration, Pro-Choice events, and if I can get in (I am waitlistwed) to the big Emily's List event where Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton will be speaking.

Four years ago in Boston, each day held many surprises - what tickets would come our way? Where would our credentials allow us to sit and how many of my TV personalities (news broadcasters) I would get to see.

So you see, right now, all I can do is pack some clothes and get my camera all charged up and see what each day of the convention holds. I will try to "blog" each day - so check back starting Sunday night.

Judi

1 comment:

Carol M said...

Hi Judi! The next picture I see of you, I'm looking for you and Hilary and Bill or you and Obama, Michele. lol! Get to work on that - I know you can do it!!!
By the enormous smiles you are wearing, I know that you are having the time of your life!!! Thanks for the link here.