Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday, August 28 End of Convention

Each day just keeps getting better - but I don't think I can take much "better"! I think we are both very tired and ready to go off to Keystone, Colorado, for a two day R&R.

The highlight of the morning for me was the Women's Caucus where Michelle Obama spoke and I got to meet and speak with at length Lilly Ledbetter. Lilly Ledbetter is the woman whose case about pay discrimination went up to the Supreme Court. I have been working on the Fair Pay Restoration Act for the past six months trying to get Sentor Voinovich to help get this through the Senate. I haven't gotten very far with Voinovich, but was inspired to work even harder by meeting this woman.



Lilly Ledbetter and me

And then there was the final night of the convention - all 84,000 of us in Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver. It was not easy getting there and it sure was not easy getting back to the hotel but it was worth every minute of walking and waiting for busses.

We were very proud to see Marshall's sister, Susan Turnbull take the podium with the other Vice Chairs of the DNC and address the delegates and guests.





It was like being at a rock concert with everyone loving the star attraction. This Rock Star had a message that included every aspect of the changes needed for our country. It was electrifying and brought the house down! With fireworks and confetti surrounding the families as they took the stage and everyone cheering non-stop for about 15 minutes, oit was an indescribable experience. I loved the evening, I believe in Barack Obama, and am "fired up" to come home and work for his election!









1 comment:

Jeff said...

Aunt Judi,
Wow! What a great time you had. I couldn't wait until morning to read what you did the night before. Alicia and I were glued to the TV from the time we came home until the night was over.

Enjoy Keystone, you need the rest!

Jeffrey